Tuesday, 31 May 2011

put this on your bucket list

From top left to right: A bunny at The Crocodile Farm; Maropeng Museum; Forum Homini hotel; meerkat at The Lion Park;
playing with the lion cubs at Lion Park; entrance to the hotel rooms at Forum Homini. Photos: heysweetie8
Towards the end of last year I got to discover Joburg's equivalent to the Midlands Meander. A friend had recommended Roots to me - an awarding-winning restaurant situated at Forum Homini hotel, Kromdraai (Magaliesburg). Having only been in Joburg for a couple of months, I was eager to try it out with my boyfriend. It was only a 40 minute drive from home - perfect for a mini weekend getaway. We stayed over for the night, and the next day drove all around Cradle of Humankind. I've been back twice since then. Wow. Do it. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the meerkat! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I had to switch to "sport mode" on my camera cos these little fellas run so fast! Have you been to the Lion park?

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget