Thursday 1 September 2011

cranberry coconut muffins with cream cheese frosting

Hey y'all! I'm belated with my spring post. Today marked the start of a new season and, for me, the start of a new job. I moved back to Durban on Tuesday this week, so my attention has only been focussed on settling in, and preparing myself for new beginnings... Yes.

I have a lovely recipe I'd like to share with you - Cranberry and coconut muffins with a cream cheese frosting. Does it get any better? I don't think so. I've been obsessed with coconut lately, jissie... It all started when I made white chocolate lamingtons this week! ;) 

Ingredients:
2 cups wholewheat flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup cranberries
1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 tsp coconut essence
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tsp sugar

For the frosting:
1 tub of cream cheese
4 tbsp butter
3-4 cups icing sugar

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.

2. Whisk sugar, egg, oil, coconut milk and coconut essence together.

3. Add all dry ingredients to mixture.

4. Pour mixture into a muffin tray.

5. Sprinkle sugar over batter, and bake for 20 minutes.

6. For the frosting - Cream butter in a small bowl, then slowly add cream cheese to it. Sift icing sugar, making sure it's blended smooth. Add a dash of boiling hot water if frosting is too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment