Monday 13 June 2011

lemon-ginger and white choc thumbprint cookies

Photos: heysweetie8
Ok, I know these don't really look like your usual thumbprint cookies  - somewhere along the way, something went a little wrong, and these buggers refused to rise and take shape. Perhaps it's because I adapted the recipe slightly? I replaced normal flour with "krakley" wholewheat flour. Hmmm. Well regardless of their appearance, these still managed to taste delish. I had my two best friends visit from Durban this weekend, hence the reason why I chose to bake something super quick and easy. (I didn't want to spend too much time in the kitchen!)

The thumbprint cookie recipe comes from Nicole, a very talented friend of mine. She is new to the blogosphere - visit her blog here. A while ago she published her first children's recipe book, (see here) and I am very proud of her!

Makes +-24

Ingredients:

120g butter
100g white sugar
140g brown sugar
2 eggs
3ml vanilla essence (her secret – she uses almond essence instead of vanilla)
400g sifted flour
2ml baking powder
100ml jam (I used lemon-ginger jam, and added white chocolate to it too - it just gave the cookies that X-factor!)

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
 
2. Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla essence into the mix.
 
3. Mix in flour and baking powder. Mix well until light and fluffy. Roll into little balls and place on a greased baking tray.
 
4. Press a hollow into each ball and fill with jam. Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment