I baked these little biscuits on Sunday. They were finished in a matter of hours. That's all I'm saying!
2 tsp grated lime rind
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
1 tbsp lime juice (you can use lemon juice or lemon essence if you wish)
3 tsp soft butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
candied citrus peel (for decoration)
1. Beat butter, rind, sugar and egg yolk in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in sifted flour and enough juice to make ingredients stick together. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead gently until smooth.
3. Roll mixture into balls, place onto a greased oven tray, and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon or fork.
4. Bake in oven for +-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on tray.
To make the icing:
1. Combine butter and sifted icing sugar in bowl, stir in enough juice to make smooth and spreadable.
2. For extra decoration, top biscuits with citrus peel.