I've been dying to show off this cute cookie stamp that was a gift from my best friend Catrina. It's a subtle way of telling people, "Yes indeed, I made these amazeballs biscuits myself!"
The great thing about this savoury biscuit recipe is that you are bound to have all the ingredients in your kitchen already - I mean, you must be weird if you have no cheese in the fridge, or no cumin powder or cayenne pepper at hand. (Essentials, hello!)
So go ahead, make these - I can guarantee they're fail-proof.
Cayenne pepper and cheese biscuits
250g butter or margarine
500ml (2 cups) grated mature cheddar cheese
500ml (2 cups) cake flour
2ml cayenne pepper (adjust according to personal taste)
2ml cumin powder
2ml dried thyme or rosemary
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Combine butter and cheese, mixing well.
2. Add sifted flour, cayenne pepper, salt, cumin powder and thyme/rosemary.
3. Roll dough into balls the size of a walnut.
4. Press down gently (flattening the balls) onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light brown.
6. Cool before removing from the baking sheet with an egg lifter.
To serve: Eat as is or sandwich two biscuits together with cream cheese or pate.